Reduced footprint for Landslide Virtual ‘Large’
Landslide Virtual is the only virtual mobility test solution capable of capable of line rate testing on 10G and 25G NICs. With release 16.8, users can deploy 100K UEs (‘Large’ Test Server capacity) and execute high-performance tests using just 8GB of RAM.
Mobile network densification with Small Cells and Wi-Fi plus the increased adoption of VoLTE are driving the demand for IPsec connections. The 16.8 release increases the number of supported IPsec accelerator cards per M4, allowing to double the IPsec performance in both throughput and packets per second (PPS)
At Spirent, we know delivering first to market technologies for 5G requires test tools that align with and even anticipate the release of new specifications. We are the partner of choice for Vendors and Carriers developing and testing the next generation of wireless technologies. All Landslide releases in the coming years will be rich with new 5G features so watch this space!
16.8 is Landslide’s third 5G release and introduces key enhancements such as:
- Emulation of Mission Critical-Push-to-Talk (MC-PTT) service
- Release 14 CUPS. Ability to:
- Add the SDF (Service Data Flow) to the PDR (Packet Detection Rule)
- Configure separate QoS for each SDF within the same bearer.
- Configure QoS Gating Status in the QoS Enhancement Rule (QER)
- Addition of 5G Non-Standalone parameters to HSS testing and emulation test cases
- Addressing Fixed Wireless Access and Enhanced Mobile Broadband use cases by doubling the data generation per single UE.
Landslide continues its expansion in direct IMS/Voice over IP testing, while maintaining the unparallelled voice and video over LTE testing capabilities. In this respect, Landslide 16.8 introduces:
- Audio calls based on WebRTC: call flows and protocols are now available to directly load test a WebRTC Server or a combined EPC and WebRTC Server
- New eSRVCC testing call flows: ability to test and/or emulate TAS and the SCC-AS application servers
Fireball High Performance Data
Landslide Fireball 16.8 is the sixth release of Landslide’s new High-Performance Data mode which is available on both physical and virtual Test Servers. This release increases Fireball’s real-world simulation capabilities by adding:
- TCP and HTTP Retransmissions
- VLAN Support