Mobile network densification with Small Cells and Wi-Fi plus the increased adoption of VoLTE are driving the demand for IPsec connections. The 17.0 release introduces the new L-ACC-008 high performance IPsec hardware accelerator card. This card, which doubles the performance of its predecessor, delivers exceptional scale in the number of IPsec tunnels, activation rates and encrypted throughput.
At Spirent, we know delivering first to market technologies for 5G requires test tools that align with and even anticipate the release of new specifications. We are the partner of choice for Vendors and Carriers developing and testing the next generation of wireless technologies. All Landslide releases in the coming years will be rich with new 5G features so watch this space!
R17.0 is the first Landslide release with True 5G core test cases. Use cases include:
- Testing a full 5G core (AMF, SMF, UPF) by emulating 5G UEs and gNBs
- Testing the 5G control plane only (AMF + SMF)
- Emulating the full 5G core (AMF, SMF, UPF)
- Emulating the 5G control Plane (AMF+SMF)
- Emulating the 5G data plane ((UPF)
Additionally, 17.0 enhances Landslide’s 5G NSA testing capabilities by adding new use cases including:
- 5G NSA to 3G mobility
- 5G NSA to 5G NSA mobility
- 5G NSA inter-working with CUPS
Moreover, Landslide’s 5G NSA now supports Fireball high performance data for increased realism in 5G’s user plane.
Landslide continues its expansion in direct IMS/Voice over IP testing, while maintaining the unparalleled voice and video over LTE testing capabilities. In this respect, Landslide 17.0 introduces:
- Phase-II of the MC-PTT testing and emulation feature set
- Ability to completely isolate I/S-CSCF and its interfaces for function benchmarking
Real World Application Traffic
Frequently used application protocols such as Google’s QUIC and IoT MQTT are now supported by Landslide